List Of Documents For Dissolution Of Marriage
Please provide us with copies of the following documents as quickly as possible. All of these documents are necessary in order for me to effectively provide you with advice in your divorce and will assist me in moving the matter to a quick resolution. If you have any questions regarding these documents, please feel free to contact me, or my assistant, Allison. Feel free to e-mail the copies to Allison at email@example.com .
- Paycheck Stubs for the past 12 months
- Your tax returns with all attachments for the past three years
- Any financial documentation you have pertaining to your business, if applicable (i.e., profit and loss statements, tax returns, etc.) for the past three years.
- Any applications for credit or other financial statements you have completed within the last 3 years.
- A copy of the deed for any real estate you own an interest in or copy of lease.
- A current mortgage statement.
- Current statements from all credit cards, personal loans or auto loans.
- A copy of your credit application, Master Settlement Statement, Appraisal, Mortgage and Promissory Note from the purchase of any real estate in which you own an interest.
- In the event you have refinanced any real estate, please provide a copy of any Appraisal completed at that time along with the Master Settlement Statement and credit application.
- Your most recent assessor’s statement and real estate tax bill.
- A copy of all titles to vehicles in which you own an interest.
- Statements for the past twelve months for any account in which you have an interest (including checking, savings, CD’s, Money Markets, IRAs, etc.).
- A copy of all life insurance policies in which you have an interest.
An itemized list of all outstanding debts to include the name and address of the creditor, the account number, whose name the account is in, what the account was used for, the current remaining balance, the current monthly payment and your proposal as to who should maintain responsibility for the account.
- A copy of all statements received from any retirement account for the past three years (or, in the alternative, the summary statements received at the end of each year and monthly/quarterly statements for the present year).
- The name, address, telephone number and account number for the administrator(s) of any retirement plans you may have along with a copy of the Plan’s Summary Description.
- A copy of your current Will, Durable Power of Attorney and Medical Power of Attorney.
- *If you currently have a Power of Attorney that names your spouse as your attorney-in fact, it is necessary that this be modified immediately. Please provide me with the name and address of the individual you would like to name as your attorney-in-fact as well as two successors (individuals to serve in the event one is unable )